WELCOME TO ETL!
How does it work? Becoming a member saves you time and space whether you’re a master gardener, novice DIYer, expert trades person or simply looking to make a difference in your local community. It also means you can check out shared tools to use when you need them, rather than buying your own. In return for a small annual donation, you can borrow the tools you need for free, and use our workshops (more on that later).
- HOW MUCH IS A SMALL DONATION?
- BECOME A MEMBER/ RESERVE/ COLLECT/ RETURN
- MEMBERS CAN USE OUR WORKSHOPS FOR FREE
- NEW ! >>> RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP ONLINE
- SPECIAL ! >>> BUY AN ETL GIFT CARD ONLINE
How much is 'a small donation'?
The suggested donation is £20 per year. However we don't want finance to be a barrier to anyone joining, so if you feel £20 is more than you can afford, just pay what you can. We also ask everyone for a £10 deposit when they join, which is refunded should you ever leave the tool library. If you don't have any of the above, THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN'T BE A MEMBER. Just get in touch with us and we will sort something out for you. We are not a faceless corporation, we are friendly volunteers, and we will always try to help.
1. BECOME A MEMBER
It's easy. Just follow these steps:
- Create your borrowing account here
- Download, print*, read, fill in, sign and date our membership form here
- Decide what you want to pay and bring along your payment, the completed form* and suitable ID** to your nearest borrowing or workshop session. CASH ONLY FOR THE DEPOSIT (£10).
* If you don't have access to a printer don't worry! We have blank forms available at all our borrowing and workshop sessions.
** We must see the 2 following items for your membership to become active:
- Photo ID - such as a driving licence, passport, bus pass or student card
- Official Letter - A bank statement, HMRC letter, job centre letter, or utility bill - Dated within the last 6 months and with your current address.
Log in by clicking at the top of this page or click here. Make sure and check which one of our locations they are in (Leith or Portobello) and select the date & time you want to pick up. Our borrowing sessions are show on this page.
- We prepare the reserved tools in advance so we will only consider reservations submitted at 13:00 on the day before pick up.
- Sometimes you might struggle choosing tools - no worries! You can come and have a look at what we have and get some advice on Wednesday evenings in Leith and Thursday evenings in Portobello.
Visit the borrowing session you've selected for pick up. Your items will be ready and waiting for you! Always be sure to check opening times first.
After you’ve used the items, simply return it, clean, on time, and ready for the next borrower. You must always return items to the location you collected them, and only during borrowing sessions.
MEMBERS CAN USE OUR WORKSHOPS FOR FREE
- Our Tooligans can help you with your projects, give advice or just point you in the direction of what you need. And it’s all free, available as part of your membership.
- For the bigger tools found in the workshop, and regardless of previous experience, we take people through a safety and ‘how to use’ exercise. Your safety is always our number one priority. Book in advance: email@example.com.
- You can drop-in to any of our open workshop sessions. Always be sure to check opening times first.
- There’s room for 8 people in both workshops, and all benches are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. You cannot borrow tools from the workshops (many are secured to the floor!) – for smaller tools try the borrowing sessions instead.
You can buy/renew your year-long membership online. Log in and click on "Account" in the drop down menu when you look at your profile and then on "Membership".
YOU CAN RENEW ONLINE
YOU CAN BUY AN ETL GIFT CARD ONLINE
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.